Unit 2 Assignment: EHR Certification & Release of Information
Course outcome addressed in this Assignment:
· HI510-1: Given access to a health information system, evaluate whether it meets Meaningful Use, including goals, components, criteria, certification, attestation, and MU program outcomes.
The field of health information is subject to many laws, regulations, requirements, and standards. The interaction between regulation and health influences the daily operations of healthcare providers. Sharing data between two separate organizations can be a delicate balance between the patient and organizations. Knowing the regulations that govern health information and the release of information is imperative. Failing to adhere to and think about the rules and regulations when forming decisions and policy can expose the organization and provider to unwarranted risk. In this Assignment, you will review select two EMR systems and review them for compliance with Meaningful Use and EMR certification requirements. You will also review release of information requirements.
Select two EMR systems from the list below.
· OpenMRS https://openmrs.org
· VistA http://worldvista.org/AboutVistA
· FreeMED http://freemedsoftware.org/
· OpenEMR https://www.open-emr.org/
· One Touch EMR https://www.onetouchemr.com/
· Solismed https://www.solismed.com/demo.html
Create a 5–6-page document that addresses the following:
1. Provide an introduction of the two systems that have been selected for comparison. In your comparison discuss the features offered by each system.
2. Discuss meaningful use (MU) and its phases.
3. Do the systems that you have selected meet MU requirements? Discuss whether the system is compliant with MU program outcomes and certification including:
· Goals, components, criteria, certification, and MU program outcomes.
· Medicare MU program requirements
· Medicaid MU program requirements
4. Discuss how MU has improved data quality.
5. Discuss release of medical information and how MU law applies.
Conduct research to answer the discussion points and questions and be sure to fully describe and support your answers and cite sources when necessary. This is a fact-based Assignment that should not include unsupported opinion.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more